ASBESTOS REMOVAL BRISBANEHOME TO THE MOST TRUSTED ASBESTOS REMOVALISTS
Only Competent, Reliable and Transparent Contractors Receive Our Endorsed Approval.
Protect Your Health, Protect Your Pocket, Trust Only Asbestos Watch Brisbane Approved Contractors.
Asbestos Phenomenon in The Greater Brisbane Region
Asbestos Watch Brisbane is your safest choice for asbestos removal Brisbane services, including testing, roof removal and management plans. We’re here to help! If you want to find out more about the existence of fibrous materials in the greater Brisbane region, click on Show the rest of this articles below. Otherwise, see services provided by our endorsed contractors on this page.
Due to the ubiquitous use of fiber element in the building industry for over 30 years before the introduction of the 2003s ban, the risk of being exposed to fibrous materials is significant. Especially when structural alterations to older buildings are underway.
The fibrous crystalline structure of the asbestos-containing material (ACM) that makes it heat resistant and very durable is what made it so desirable for various applications. It is, however, its friability and stability in addition to its lack of odor that makes it so dangerous.
Fibrous substance takes a long time to degrade in the environment, and it does not evaporate in air. It can take centuries for the material to degrade naturally.
Here are some reasons why fibrous materials are everywhere in Brisbane:
- Houses and buildings in Queensland (QLD) use an enormous amount of fibrous materials in the past: The type of ACM mostly discovered in Queensland is cement sheeting and roofing products. Mostly these substances contain fibres up to 10%-15%. These fibrous materials are also lying within vinyl tiles that are regularly used in Queensland houses. These vinyl tiles contain around 8-30% fibres in a tightly bonded material. The ACM is not only placed on residential properties but also in public and government buildings. One of the latest incidents involving ACM is the finding of fibrous material at Queensland government’s building (http://www.abc.net.au)
- Asbestos mining in Queensland (QLD): Australia has had an extensive history with this fibrous material. Queensland is an example of a state where massive mining took place. A big mine called the Dayboro mine is located only 40 km from Brisbane. As a consequence, Queensland is within the top percentage of mesothelioma incidents in Australia.
- Illegal dumping: There are many claims involving ACM in Brisbane, especially with illegal dumping.The individuals who committed the illegal dumping were not only home renovators but also professional removalists. Those who committed the illegal dumping will face fines or even jail times. For that reason, you need to hire the right professional for a safe procedure.
What makes it a real danger?
Fibrous material has been known to cause certain health complications, most commonly inflammatory conditions in the lungs that can lead to shortness of breath and eventual scarring within the lungs.
But it is most commonly known to lead to lung cancer and mesothelioma, a form of cancer that affects the lining of the lungs. It’s also been linked to causes such as COPD, ovarian cancer, laryngeal cancer, esophageal cancer, gallbladder cancer, throat cancer, and kidney cancer (http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/).
More than six hundred new cases of ailments caused by fibrous materials are diagnosed every year in Australia. Australia has the highest number of people suffering from Mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma is a fatal type of cancer that affects the lining of the lungs and abdomen. Inhaling airborne fibres causes mesothelioma. Between 1987 and 2010, huge exposure to fibres caused an estimated 16-thousand mesothelioma deaths and 40-thousand lung cancer deaths. (http://www.aihw.gov.au)
The first wave of victims comprised of miners and mill workers in Western Australia. The second wave consisting of tradespeople and builders that became susceptible to this terrible disease that could remain dormant for years.
The third wave was made up of children whose parents were either constructing or renovating family homes. Their deaths gave rise to a 25% increase in ACM- related ailments between 1997 and 2005. By the late 90s, Mesothelioma had already overtaken South Australia and Western Australia was recording the highest rate of malignant mesothelioma.
This is why in today’s times; asbestos is classified as a human carcinogen. This possible risk to your health and well-being is precisely why removing fibrous material is crucial.
Current state of asbestos roofing in Brisbane
Cement sheeting, floor tiles, pipe insulation and spray coating were made out of fibers. Roofing and siding products also involved the use of the dangerous substance. Fibrous board or shingles were once used to side houses and were very popular in Queensland.
Even until now, thousands of ACM roofing shingles can still be found in Brisbane. The shingles were drilled and then nailed into the hole. These boards are usually safe as long as pieces do not break off and cause loose fibers. When damaged or deteriorated, you have to remove these dangerous shingles from your house or workplace.
The basic aim of both fibres roof replacement and regular roof replacement is simply to remove the old roofing material. However, the manner in which each is handled is slightly different.
With regular roof replacement, there is hardly much concern if the old roofing materials are broken up or they fall off onto the ground. Indeed, more emphasis is placed on actually getting the old roofing shingles off the house as fast as possible, rather than the specific manner in which it would be done (with certain limits, of course).
In case the fibrous element is present, the roof replacement process has to be handled in a very delicate manner. There are clear safety and precautionary measures that must be applied at each and every step to prevent fiber contamination. A strong emphasis is placed on the way in which the process is carried out, rather than getting things done as fast as possible.
Cautions and tips on asbestos roof removal Brisbane
Removal of ACM roofing shingles is probably one of the more challenging ACM removals there is. The ones doing the removal will have to wear all of the protective wear. You will want to wet down the roofing with a mixture of liquid soap and water in a sprayer. By soaking the affected area, it’s lessening the chance of fibre going into the air.
After you wet the entire roofing area that is affected, you will have to use a flat pry bar and begin to lift up the roofing, piece by piece, starting at the top and going downward.
Any and all ACMs must then be placed in air-tight plastic bags. This will include not only the building material that was removed but also all gear that was worn during the removal.
After it is bagged in the proper manner, it must be disposed of in a landfill designed specifically for hazardous material and waste.
Here are some tips to safely handle a roof replacement procedure:
- The person undertaking or owning the business should ensure that workers engaging in the project are fully trained and qualified
- A register should be obtained from the person in control of the workplace
- It is necessary to seal off the work area, like windows, vents, and doors
- Use specialized vacuum cleaners (class H) which are designed to contain fibrous element and do not expel the fibres into the air
- Avoid using power tools since they can cause the release of toxic dust from an ACM
- Sometimes covering the material is a wiser choice to make than removing
- “NEVER” drill, break, hammer, damage, cut, saw, move any of ACM products. It may help to prevent fibre exposure.
- Prepare a control plan to ensure minimal damage to the environment and the public
You have to keep in mind that performing a DIY removal and using DIY testing kits can be dangerous for you. Inappropriate handling of fibrous materials can also lead to fines and criminal charges at the national and state levels. If you are unsure, contact a professional contractor to perform a repair or removal jobs.
Asbestos Watch Brisbane – Trusted, Experienced, and Best Practices of Asbestos Removal and Related Services at a Value Cost
Asbestos Watch Brisbane offers you professional contractors for your commercial, industrial and domestic properties within Queensland. If you suspect that you have ACM in your building, contact our endorsed contractors, today!
Our expert endorsed contractors will remove the dangerous material in your building, and they will undertake all procedures in the safest manner and utmost care. Our approved members have the right certification and training to handle fibrous materials, including disposal of hazardous waste to a legal facility.
We are determined to remove ACMs from your building with the most efficient method at competitive prices. Whether it is your workplace, business premises or home, our contractors have the necessary abilities, experience, and equipment to remove the material safely.
Extensive services offered by our endorsed contractors
Your health and safety are our top priority! That’s why we only endorse contractors who are skilled and experienced to get the job done efficiently. Our contractors offer professional advice on all matters concerning asbestos removal Brisbane. Our specialists also make sure that the asbestos roof removal Brisbane project is done in a manner that does not affect other structural components in your home.
Our team of professionals will also keep you up-to-date with the current state of the fibrous material in Australia and enlighten you on how you can handle the situation if ACM is found in your house.
Besides roof removal, our contractors provide a wide range of services including testing, management plan, roof replace, air monitoring, consultant, soil remediation, and emergency repair.
- Asbestos removal – Removing all type of ACM, whether friable or non-friable, within your building. Our approved members also offer extensive asbestos removal Ipswich services.
- Asbestos testing – Checking, sampling and testing by a certified assessor via an accredited lab
- Roof removal – A detail and thorough inspection of roofing products, including removal and replacement of old roofing materials
- Management plan – Eliminating the risk of exposure by creating a comprehensive management plan
- Consultant – Independent review to assess the presence and condition of ACM within your property
- Air monitoring – Complete air monitoring before and after asbestos extraction
- Demolition survey – Delivering a concise report on condition and type of ACM at your premises
- Soil remediation –Fast and accurate identification of contaminated soil
- Emergency repair – Removing all products containing fibrous materials, including fencing, roofing, and flooring materials, upon emergencies or accidents
Our professional contractors will attend to all your ACM-related problems in the most secured manner. With our team of specialists, we can assist you with the preparation of environmentally acceptable plans that meet all requirements of local and state laws. Contact Asbestos Watch Brisbane today for more details about our services!
Our approved contractors have completed
a thorough examination to achieve
our quality control standards of services.
Our reliable and insured contractors
get your job done right, the first time.
Only highly experienced professionals
that understand how to deal with
all asbestos related matters.
Delivering solutions, not excuses.
Don’t risk dealing with a dodgy unknown
tradesman, see detailed and verified reviews
on our endorsed contractors.
You can trust, they are The Real Deal.
We endeavor to minimize the disturbance
of asbestos to your properties
and the surrounding environment
Our contractors' vast experience
within the asbestos and construction industry
allows us to deliver comprehensive services
for your commercial properties.
It take a competent professional to
understand various compliance and
legislative requirments set out by
It's as easy as 1-2-3
Explore Our Contractors
And Their Extensive Services
Call One Or More
Of Our Endorsed Contractors
For A Quote That Suits You!
Have Your Job Handled
Quickly And Reliably
By Our Trusted Professionals
Before you begin on your DIY asbestos removal project, you must be able to answer "yes" to these following questions: - Are you sure that your... (read more)
Current scientific research and medical evidence support the fact that the mere presence of asbestos does not possess a health risk as long as it is... (read more)